[SGVHAK] Greetings from SCALE & t-shirts

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sun Feb 24 00:29:50 PST 2013

Hi all,

Having a good time at SCALE.  The t-shirts were a big success.  We had a number of people pick up the t-shirts and wear them on Saturday.  I was stopped a couple of times by people curious about the shirt.

Because a significant fraction of the audiovisual volunteers were wearing this shirt, people thought it was an A/V crew t-shirt. The advantage was that we are highly visible.  Thanks everyone!

Our Birds of a Feather session was packed and we had good conversation.  The group was so large we had many clusters of people chatting among themselves.  My beloved HAK edition Rasberry Pi case was passed around and greatly admired.  I think Tux-Lab.com and TheCuriousPenguin.com will be seeing more traffic and orders soon.

The next HAK meeting is in a couple of weeks on Thursday, March 7th.    I will bring t-shirts for those who ordered them for pickup at HAK.  I would encourage those of you who already have the shirt to wear them to HAK.  Again, big thanks to John from Tux-Labs for sponsoring and making the shirt.  These shirts are meant to promote the group, so the best thanks to give is to wear the shirt.

I hope we can make more shirts in the future, but given the cost of materials and the labor involved--John did all the work himself--we'll have to figure out a fair price for them.

Incidentally, people with the first edition of the SGVHAK/SGVLUG shirt should be aware that our website was listed as http://svghak.org.  It took a long time for even the folks wearing the shirts to notice the typo.  James saved the day by getting us that domain and setting a redirect.

See you at HAK on March 7th.  I hear we may get a demo of stepper motor at this meeting.  I don't know if Doug will have his PengPod yet.  And Braddock can tell us a bit more about his Internet in a Box project.  (Also about that one-time-password device he talked about at the BoF.)

Lan