[SGVHAK] Raspberry Pi - recommendations?

Bryan Backer bbacker at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 13:56:59 PST 2013

If one was just now ordering their first Raspberry Pi,
what recommendations would the group have regarding
model to purchase, power supplies they've liked/disliked?
And from where did you order the Pi? I think I missed
the group order a while back but am happy to do individual
mail order if folks have a supplier they'd recommend.

At the moment this is just for tinkering, so I think
board, bootable storage and power supply are only requirements,
I'd most likely tinker with it headless so
ethernet connection highly desired, video output
used mostly to monitor booting.

thanks,
Bryan