[SGVHAK] Taking Things Apart and Cardboard Box Fort session over winter break

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Fri Dec 6 10:47:55 PST 2013

Here is an interesting event for those of you with kids.

----

Kids Building Things will be running a combo Taking Things Apart class
and Cardboard Box Fort building session on Dec. 25th at the La Canada
Community Center.  We're hoping families who find themselves needing an
activity on Christmas afternoon might consider coming out to tinker
with us.

Attached is a flier to share with family and friends.

Here's the event summary:

Taking Things Apart and Building Cardboard Box Forts
Wed. Dec. 25, 2013
1-4pm
Community Center of La Canada Flintridge
4469 Chevy Chase Dr
La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
(818) 790-4353
All ages.  Age 16 and under admitted with parent.
$5 per participant.   Register @ [1]http://www.cclcf.org/ or pay cash
at the door.

Kids Building Things (an occasionally adult builds spacecraft)
[2]https://sites.google.com/site/kidsbuildingthings/

“Kids Building Things” is a volunteer initiative run by engineers,
hobbyists, and teachers to teach kids and their parents in the LA and
Pasadena area how to use tools, build things, and understand how things
work.  We like to think that we are building hands-on engineers and
artists of the future.  We partner with the Community Center of La
Canada and the McGroarty Arts Center to bring about fun classes for
kids and parents.