[SGVHAK] 08/15 (Thu) meeting recap: ice cream abounds

Tux Lab project.tuxlab at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 22:47:46 PDT 2013

The link to my friend's kickstart is,

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blueeaglelabs/kossel-clear-lets-build-a-full-sized-delta-3d-prin

Tux-Lab is responsible for the acrylic parts and has a minor stake in the
3d printing venture.  The printer for SGVLUG/SGVHAK is built on the same
frame but pushes the "Free as in Freedom" ideology by minimize parts from
non-free countries.   By substituting parts, ie steppers, bearing and etc,
 I think I've already exceeded their kickstarter price by 100%.   If I can
somehow figure out how to generate gerber files for the electronics, I will
build a few more printers

.

John