[SGVHAK] Reminder: Meeting this Thursday (May 2nd)

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Mon Apr 29 09:19:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,
Reminder that we have a HAK meeting this Thursday, May 2, 2013.  Remember to bring  extension cords and power strips.
We found out last month that the library added more electrical outlets to the room.  Yay.

Our room reservation at the library will need to be renewed in the near future.   Should we try to start earlier at 5:45pm?

A few of us made it to the Arduino Hackathon hosted at OpenX last Friday.  Our project was called the Acme Intrusion Prevention System.  It was a real MacGyver effort that involved zipties, electrical tape, fishing line, and a Nerf rocket launcher.  Thanks to Mic and Jess and James and  Jana for bringing the parts and tools.   I think we will try to work on version 2.0 at HAK.  It will involve some redesign as we don't have the same list of parts.

If Braddock can make it, I hope he can give us an update on Internet in a Box.  The video from his SGVLUG presentation is up at http://internet-in-a-box.org/

When: Thursday, 05/02/2013 6:45 - 8:45 PM
Where: Hastings Branch Library (3325 East Orange Grove Boulevard  Pasadena, CA 91107)
Come find us at the meeting room near the circulation desk.
These are hands-on working meetings.  There are tables, free wifi, and a group of knowledgeable people.  So come, bring your projects,
show off your new toys, and just connect with your fellow hardware
geeks.  There is even a projector if you want to do a mini-presentation.

We go out to dinner at Stonefire Gril (473 N Rosemead Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107) after the meeting.

Disclaimer: “This program is not sponsored by the Pasadena Public Library.”

Lan