[SGVHAK] Rasp Pi Powered Hub recommendations?

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Sat Dec 8 15:22:42 PST 2012

Just got my USB modem for my little BBS experiment, but my Raspberry Pi
doesn't have the juice to make it go.  So I guess I need a powered USB hub.
However it looks like there is a minefield of hubs which don't work
properly with the Pi.

Can anyone recommend a good, low cost, small, 4-port, powered hub for the
Pi and where to buy it?

I've looked at the RPi_VerifiedPeripherals but it is a pain to find a
vendor and lookup the price on each model one by one, and most are a bit
expensive or obscure.

thanks,
-braddock